What is Certificate of Competency & its Benefits
The Certificate of Competency is a document ensuring a designated authority or organization confirming that the mentioned contractor has fulfilled all the requirements of receiving and performing for a particular contract.
The legal definition of the certificate of Competency states that the holder is responsible (concerning all the elements of responsibility, including but not limited to capability, competency, credit, capacity, perseverance, integrity, and tenacity) to receive and perform a specific Government contract.
There are several benefits associated with the Certificate of Competency, some of them are mentioned below:
- It ensures that the organization-funded training and the professional development activities are cost-effective, productive and goal oriented.
- It motivates and enables the employees to achieve a high level of competence efficiently.
- It reduces cost overruns caused by poor performance or due to miscommunication of the job expectations.
- The document records the employee’s acquisition of the skills, knowledge, safety and other procedures that are related to each task.
- The Competency Certification System increases internal employee mobility providing the organization with increased ability to scale as needed.
- The system establishes a framework for constructive feedback by the management for training and appraisal.
- The system provides a mechanism to recognize the employee’s abilities.
- The employees also get a clear direction to learn new skills.
- The employees experience the potential for job satisfaction.
Therefore, an organization that follows a competency-based system benefits both its employees and employers. The certification system develops a win-win environment by establishing a transparent blueprint for recruitment, performance evaluation, and job expectations.